|40x40px||The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: council.|
Council in general means a body that has the right to give advice or to administer.
It could also mean:
- Borough Council, a form of local government in the United Kingdom
- City council, a form of local government
- Community council, the most local official representative bodies in Scotland and Wales
- Council (country subdivision), a local government area in Australia
- County council, a council that governs a county in the British Isles
- Municipal council, a subdivision of France
- Town council, a democratically elected form of government for small municipalities or parishes
- Council (Boy Scouts), a non-profit private corporation within Boy Scouts of America
- Council of the European Union
- United Nations Security Council
In other fields:
- Ecumenical council, a meeting of the bishops of the whole church convened to discuss and settle matters of Church doctrine and practice
- "The Council" (Enterprise episode), a third season episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
- Workers' council, a council composed of working class or proletarian members
- Works council, a "shop-floor" organization representing workers
- Privy Council (disambiguation page)
|30px|| Template:Disambiguation page short descriptionThis disambiguation page lists Template:Title disambig text articles associated with the title Council.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.