Map of Wake Island
|Coordinates||Lua error: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Area||2.85 sq mi (7.4 km2)|
|Coastline||12.0 mi (19.3 km)|
|Highest elevation||20 ft (6.1 m)|
|Highest point||Ducks Point|
Wake Island is an atoll (a type of island) in the Pacific Ocean, near Hawaii. It is controlled by the United States Army and United States Air Force. It is a territory of the United States, part of the United States Minor Outlying Islands. From December 1941 to August 1945 the Empire of Japan ruled Wake Island.
- Coastline for Wake Islet: 12.0 mi (19.3 km); Coastline for Wake Atoll: 21.0 mi (33.8 km)
- Current Weather, Wake Island
- AirNav – Wake Island Airfield – Airport details, facilities and navigational aids
- Rocket launches at Wake Island (link broken)
- The Defense of Wake – United States Marine Corps historical monograph
- Surrender of Wake by the Japanese – Marines in World War II
- U.S. Army Strategic and Missile Defense Command – Logistics, flight schedules, facilities
- Photographic history of the 1975 Vietnamese refugee camp on Wake Island
- Wake Island – Pacific Wreck Database
- Wake Island (1942) on IMDb Script error: No such module "EditAtWikidata".
- Wake Island: Alamo of the Pacific (2003) on IMDb Script error: No such module "EditAtWikidata".