Uzbekistan is a country in Central Asia. Its capital and largest city is Tashkent. There are about 32 millions people living in Uzbekistan, now. The neighboring countries are Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan. It is a doubly landlocked country, of which there are only two in the world. Most people in Uzbekistan speak a language called Uzbek, a Turkic language similar to Uyghur and Turkish. In the Uzbek language, Uzbekistan is called "O‘zbekiston" and it means "the land of the true nobles". Uzbekistan has a long history. Humans first lived in Uzbekistan from before the 2nd millennium BC. The current president today is Shavkat Mirziyoyev. Human rights in Uzbekistan are 'atrocious' according to Human Rights Watch
|Division||Capital City|| Area
|Buxoro Viloyati||Buxoro (Bukhara)||39,400||1,576,800||3|
|Toshkent Viloyati||Toshkent (Tashkent)||15,300||2,537,500||12|
|Toshkent Shahri||Toshkent (Tashkent)||???||2,192,700||1|
|Fergana Valley Region|
|Farg'ona Viloyati||Farg'ona (Fergana)||6,800||2,997,400||4|
- "CIA – The World Factbook". Cia.gov. Retrieved January 28, 2011.
- Official population estimation 2012-01-01. Stat.uz (2012-01-23). Retrieved on 2012-03-13.
- МВФ — World Economic Outlook Database, April 2012 — Uzbekistan. Gross domestic product…
- "Human Development Report 2010" (PDF). United Nations. 2010. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- Embassy of Uzbekistan - UZBEKISTAN: PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE
- "Statistical Review of Uzbekistan 2008, p.176" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-11-13. Retrieved May 2, 2010.