Unna Rural District
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/metric|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The area was known as Hamm for a long time. In 1901 the town of Hamm itself became a separate urban district, but government of Hamm Rural District stayed in the city until 1929. In that year the administration was moved to Unna, when the district name also changed to Unna.
Coat of arms
|Coat of arms||The district coat of arms combines two symbols relating to the Counts of the Mark, the red and white checked base (referring to the fess in the counts' arms), and the red lion of Berg.|
Towns and municipalities