University of Wollongong
|Motto||Stands For Purpose|
|Established||Founded in 1951 as a Division of the New South Wales University of Technology (established in 1975 as an independent institution)|
|Endowment||A$543 million (2011)|
|Chancellor||Jillian Broadbent AO|
|Vice-Chancellor||Paul Wellings CBE|
|936 (FTE academic, 2011)|
|1006 (FTE general, 2011)|
|Location||Template:Comma separated entries|
Lua error: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|Campus||Urban, Parks 82.4 ha|
|Colours||Blue, Gold, Red|
|Affiliations||AACSB, ACU, AEN, ASAIHL, AUC, IAU, Universities Australia, Group of Eight (engineering associate)|
|Mascot||Baxter The Duck|
The University of Wollongong (also simply known as UOW) is a public research university in Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. In 2012, the University had a total of 30,516 domestic students enrolled, and 11,440 international students enrolled from more than 140 countries. In 2014, over 37,000 students are studying in the University, including over 11,600 international students.
The University of Wollongong marked the University's 60th Founding Anniversary in 2011.
The University has five campuses and four education centres:
- Wollongong Campus, Wollongong
- Shoalhaven Campus, Shoalhaven
- University of Wollongong in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Global Consortium University, Sejong City, South Korea
- Batemans Bay Education Centre
- Bega Education Centre
- Loftus Education Centre
- Moss Vale Education Centre
- Faculty of Business
- School of Accounting & Finance
- School of Economics
- School of Management & Marketing
- Sydney Business School
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences
- School of Civil, Mining & Environmental Engineering
- School of Engineering Physics
- School of Mechanical, Materials & Mechatronic Engineering
- School of Electrical, Computer & Telecommunications Engineering (SECTE)
- School of Computer Science & Software Engineering (SCSSE)
- School of Information Systems & Technology (SISAT)
- School of Mathematics & Applied Statistics (SMAS)
- SMART Infrastructure Facility
- Faculty of Law, Humanities and The Arts
- School of Law
- School of Arts
- School of Creative Arts
- School of English Literatures & Philosophy
- Language Centre
- School of History & Politics
- School of Social Sciences, Media & Communication
- Indigenous Studies Unit
- Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
- Graduate School of Medicine
- Illawarra Health & Medical Research Institute
- School of Biology
- School of Chemistry
- School of Earth & Environmental Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Nursing, Midwifery & Indigenous Health
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Psychology
- "UOW Annual Report 2011 - Finance p68" (PDF). University of Wollongong. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- bgoldie. "New Vice-Chancellor takes the helm". media.uow.edu.au.
- "Go8 Deans of Engineering & Associates". Group of Eight.
- "Facts & Figures - Statistics". University of Wollongong. Retrieved 17 April 2013.
- "University of Wollongong - About Our Campuses". Retrieved 2010-10-27.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to University of Wollongong.|
- Script error: No such module "Official website".