Talk:People's Republic of China
I found a problem with the map in this article.
- The world map still shows Germany as Eastern & Western Germany... but as far as I know (and I live here) we've reunited quite a while ago... ;)
Anyone who can change this easily?
Thanks & best wishes,
PS: Sorry if this is not the right place to mention it, but I didn't know where else to put it...
"The government of PRC is often critisised of having tight control over freedom of speech and other political rights." -- Do we want to say this in the Simple English Wikipedia? -- RJ090081.user.veloxzone.com.br
People are disagreeing here about what to say about the Republic of China -- what does everyone think? -- RJ090081.user.veloxzone.com.br
- What is specifically the disagreement? What in the current version do you object to?
Sorry. Now I've made a change on the page. I probably should have just done this. Let's see if anyone has any problems with my change. -- RJ090081.user.veloxzone.com.br
- But now, by specifying dates, we run into the issue of the Japanese invasion in which a large part of the country was not under the ROC's control.
Before I made this change, the sentence was "It claims that the island of Taiwan is part of its territory, but the [Republic of China]? (which was the government that existed in all China before the People's Republic of China was established) still controls it." -- Problems: 1) The Republic of China didn't exist at all before 1911. 2) The Republic of China didn't exist in those parts of China that were controlled by Japan. Right? Wrong? -- RJ090081.user.veloxzone.com.br
- 1) Yes, but so?
- 2) Wrong, it existed in those parts before the Japanese invaded, and from when they surrendered in 1945 to 1949. However, pre-Sino-Japanese War China was largely fragmented with warlordism. At one time, there were three separate governments claiming to be the sole government of the Republic of China.
Ok, what I mean is: 1) We shouldn't write "the Republic of China ... was the government that existed in all China before the People's Republic of China was established" if we should write something like "the [Republic of China]? ... was the government that existed in all China [from 1911 until] the People's Republic of China was established)". 2) If it's true that "[the Republic of China] existed in [some] parts before the Japanese invaded, and from when they surrendered in 1945 to 1949. ... At one time, there were three separate governments claiming to be the sole government of the Republic of China", then it's not really correct to write the Republic of China ... was the government that existed in all China before the People's Republic of China was established." I just mean, the situation in China at this time was not very simple, and the article should tell about this. -- RJ090081.user.veloxzone.com.br
Is the article neutral?
Some people have been deleting sections of this article. I have rolled back the changes and added the NPOV tag. This should be the place to discuss problems with the page's point of view before deleting large sections. At this stage I don't have an opinion at all about whether it is or is not neutral. Peterdownunder (talk) 06:45, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
All though the initial 30 years of governing, the Communist Party, led by Mao Zedong, has eliminated free-thinking in politics, economics and academic aspects. Would anyone who want simple words reads this understand "academic" or "elimination"? I don't think so--TheChampionMan1234 (talk) 08:27, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
- Feel free to simplify it, or tag as complex. We have lots of articles that aren't as simple as they should be, and we can use all the help we can get to fix that! --Auntof6 (talk) 10:03, 25 October 2012 (UTC)
Update PRC economy?
Oversimplified, uncited, biased
What happened to this page? Seems like someone has deleted a whole load of section and the page is starting to get bias. Section such as Military and "People and culture" are without reference and are extremely simplified. The stark biasness can be seen in the military section. When is the last time this page was considered neutral. can someone roll it back and mark it as semi-protected?— This unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • changes) on 09:58, 7 January 2015 (UTC).