|City of St. Louis|
|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 502: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Missouri" does not exist.|
|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:ISO 3166/data/US' not found.|
|Metro||Greater St. Louis|
|• Type||Council-manager government|
|• Mayor||Lyda Krewson (D)|
|• Independent City||Template:Infobox settlement/impus/mag|
|• Land||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Water||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Independent City||354,361 (July, 2,008)|
|• Density||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Metro||2,820,816 (July, 2,008)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
St. Louis is a large and major city in the U.S. state of Missouri. It is by the Mississippi River. It was founded by the French. It was named after King Louis IX of France, who is also a Saint. It is often called the "Gateway City" because it was important to settlers traveling out west. Its most famous landmark is the Gateway Arch.
St. Louis has a hot-summer continental climate (Dfa in the Köppen climate classification) and experiences four distinct seasons. Summers are often hot and humid with temperatures in July between 70 and 90 degrees.
St. Louis is famous for a number of dishes made local such as toasted ravioli and pork steaks.
St. Louis has two major sports both playing in the downtown area; the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball, and the St. Louis Blues of the National Hockey League. St. Louis had a National Football League team from 1995 to 2015, named the St. Louis Rams, which moved back to Los Angeles, California after that season.
- "Visiting the Gateway to The West". Globosapians. Retrieved 2008-05-15.
- St. Louis Public Library on "Mound City".
- STLtoday.com on "The Lou".
- "St. Louis City, Missouri - Population Finder - American FactFinder". U.S. Geological Survey. 1980-10-24. Retrieved 2008-12-23.
- Population Drops in St. Louis, St. Louis Post-Dispatch (July 1, 2009)
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Search Wiktionary||Definitions from Wiktionary|
|Search Commons||Media from Commons|
|Search Wikinews||News stories from Wikinews|
|Search Wikiquote||Quotations from Wikiquote|
|Search Wikisource||Source texts from Wikisource|
|Search Wikibooks||Textbooks from Wikibooks|
|Search Wikivoyage||Travel guide from Wikivoyage|
|Search Wikiversity||Learning resources from Wikiversity|
- Script error: No such module "Official website".
- Built St. Louis
- St. Louis Convention & Visitors Bureau
- St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association
- City-data.com – St. Louis
- Washington University - About St. Louis
- The City of St. Louis, Missouri
- Historic maps of St. Louis in the Sanborn Maps of Missouri Collection at the University of Missouri