Schmalkalden-Meiningen Rural District
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Plain text' not found.
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/metric|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The district was created in 1994 by joining the old districts of Schmalkalden, Meiningen and part of Suhl-Land.
Coat of arms
|Coat of arms||The coat of arms shows symbols from the coat of arms of the three precursor districts, which are also symbols for the historic states which make up the territory of the district. The rooster in the topleft derives from the coat of arms of the counts of Henneberg. The hen stands on 3 green mounds, a reminder of the hillsa dn mountains of the area. The lion of Hesse is displayed in the topright, as the area was owned by Hesse 1360-1866. The banner in the bottom left comes from the coat of arms of the district Meiningen, and derives from the coat of arms of the city Würzburg. The prince-bishops of Würzburg owned Meiningen in the past. The coat of arms of Saxony in the bottom right is a reminder of the duchy of Saxe-Meiningen, which existed from 1680 to 1918.|
Towns and municipalities
|Verwaltungsgemeinschaft-free towns||and municipalities|
3. Hohe Rhön
|1seat of the Verwaltungsgemeinschaft;2town|
- Official website (German)