Robert De Niro
Robert De Niro
|File:Robert De Niro 2011 1.JPG|
De Niro in 2011
Robert De Niro, Jr. AKA punchy
August 17, 1943
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||TriBeCa, Lower Manhattan|
|Citizenship||United States and Italy|
|Education||High School of Music Art|
|Alma mater||Stella Adler Studio of Acting|
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer|
|Home town||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
|Children||6 (including Drena De Niro)|
Robert De Niro, Sr.
Robert De Niro, Jr. (born August 17, 1943) is an American actor, voice actor, director and producer. His most well-known movies include Mean Streets (1973), The Godfather: Part II (1974), Taxi Driver (1976), The Deer Hunter (1978) and more recently Casino (1995) and The Good Shepherd (2006).
Robert De Niro, Jr. was born in Greenwich Village, New York City, the son of Virginia Holton Admiral, a painter and poet, and Robert De Niro, Sr., an abstract expressionist painter and sculptor. His father is half Irish and half Italian descent and His mother is of half German, with her other roots of English, French and Dutch descent.
In 1997, De Niro married actress Grace Hightower. Their son Elliot was born in 1998. The couple split in 1999. The divorce was never finalized and in 2004 they renewed their vows. In December 2011, they had a daughter, Helen Grace. She was born through a surrogate.
Awards and nominations
- Won: Best Supporting Actor, The Godfather Part II (1974)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Taxi Driver (1976)
- Nominated: Best Actor, The Deer Hunter (1978)
- Won: Best Actor, Raging Bull (1980)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Awakenings (1990)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Cape Fear (1991)
- Nominated: Best Newcomer, The Godfather Part II (1976)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Taxi Driver (1977)
- Nominated: Best Actor, The Deer Hunter (1979)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Raging Bull (1982)
- Nominated: Best Actor, The King of Comedy (1984)
- Nominated: Best Actor, Goodfellas (1990)
- Stated on Inside the Actors Studio, 1998
- "Robert De Niro Biography (1943–)". filmreference.com. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- "New York Real Estate – Prudential Douglas Elliman". Elliman.com. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- "Toukie Smith and actor Robert De Niro become parents of twins". Jet. October 20, 1995. p. 36. Missing or empty
- "Drug allegations hit De Niro custody battle" July, 26 2001. The Guardian
- "Robert De Niro & Wife Welcome Baby Girl". People. December 23, 2011. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "Robert De Niro and wife welcome a child via surrogate". Daily Mail. London. December 24, 2011. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- De Niro welcomes another grandchild
- Drena De Niro expecting child 2003
- De Niro's daughter on him as a father and grandfather
- "De Niro has prostate cancer". BBC News. October 21, 2003. Retrieved January 9, 2011.