In legal terms in the US, however, Simple Robbery refers to the knowing procurement of an item or items belonging to another without aggravating factors such as violence or intimidation.
Types of robbery
- Armed robbery - Stealing from someone using a weapon.
- Aggravated robbery - Stealing from someone using a deadly weapon, such as a gun.
- Highway robbery - Often known as mugging, stealing from someone in a public place.
- Carjacking - Stealing someones car, by force.
- Great Train Robbery - £2.6million was stolen from a train on 8 August 1963 by 15 people, including Bruce Reynolds, Ronnie Biggs, Buster Edwards and Brian Field. The money was never recovered. It was the largest robbery in British history until 2006.