Mehmet Cengiz Öz (born June 11, 1960, called Dr. Oz) is a Turkish-American doctor, writer, educator, and television personality. He has a television show, The Dr. Oz Show. He helps people with health and weight. Some people think he gives bad advice. He won two Emmy Awards, in 2010 and in 2011.
Öz was born on June 11, 1960 in Cleveland, Ohio to a Turkish family. He studied at Tower Hill School, at Harvard University, at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and at University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Öz married his wife Lisa Lemole in 1985. They have four children. He now lives in Cliffside Park, New Jersey.
- Dr. Oz’s Miraculous Medical Advice Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. By Julia Belluz and Steven J. Hoffman, Slate.com, Jan. 1, 2013
- The 5 Worst Promoters of Nonsense , JREF's 'Pigasus Awards' are a Dubious Honor for Dubious Claims. James Randi Educational Foundation, 2011
- Zak, Lana (2009-08-31). "Dr. Oz on Complementary Medicine: 'Challenge the Status Quo'". Good Morning America. Retrieved 2009-10-12.
- Script error: No such module "Official website". Dr. Oz Show
- Columbia University Department of Surgery profile