|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/metric|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Much of the district is mainly agricultural land, but there is a swampy area along the Oder called the Oderbruch. The Oderbruch is about 60 km (37.3 mi) in length and 17 km (10.6 mi) in width. It was partially drained in the 18th century, and people started to live in the new area.
The districts of Lebus and Oberbarnim were both created in 1816. In 1952 the districts were split into three parts, the districts Bad Freienwalde, Seelow and Strausberg. In 1993 the three parts were joined together to form the current district.
Coat of arms
|Coat of arms||The coat of arms shows the eagle of Brandenburg in the upper half. The upper half also resembles the coat of arms of the former district Oberbarnim. In the lower half are two boat-hooks and a star, both taken from the coat of arms of the former district Seelow. The wavy line on the bottom represents the Oder river.|
Towns and municipalities
|1seat of the Amt; 2town|
- Official website (German)