Elizabeth Ann Velásquez
|File:Lizzie Velasquez 2017.jpg|
Velasquez in November 2017
|Other names||Lizzie Velasquez|
|Known for||Public speaking, television appearances and book authorship|
Early life and background
She was born on 13 March 1989. Her age was reported as 23 in September 2012, a time when she was near to finishing college from Texas State University majoring in communication studies. Her birth weight was only 2 pounds 11 ounces. She was raised by her mother Rita and father Guadalupe as their first child.She 2 younger sisters.  She is from Austin, Texas.
Living with NPS
Only two other people in the world are known to have the condition she is living with. The oldest woman is called Amanda and lives in England, and the youngest Abigail in the same city as Lizzie (Austin,Texas). Lizzie has no body fat, and weighs only 61 pounds. She is blind in her right eye, and has limited vision in the left eye. Her condition is like some others, especially progeria. She has some symptoms seen in progeria, like the pointy nose and aging skin, but she has more medical problems as well but it is not expected to cause her to die. Doctors and experts at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center have named it as a Neonatal Progeroid Syndrome (NPS) (Wiedemann-Rautenstrauch syndrome) which has allowed her healthy bones, organs and teeth. She should be able to bear her own children who will not live with any of the conditions she has.
Being bullied and speaking out
At time she has been left out and insulted by her peers, and has grown up to experience online bullying. Very often she has been stared at in public. It has not always been easy for her to deal with it. She wants people to know about her condition, and her motto is "Stop Staring, Start Learning." 
Books she wrote
The first book she wrote was her own life story up to 2010. Her mother and Cynthia Lee were its co-writers.
Her second book, Be Beautiful, Be You came out in September 2012. It urges people to learn that it is not appearance which matters the most, and that people should love themselves for who they are.
- "Free Family Tree, Genealogy and Family History - MyHeritage". www.myheritage.com.
- "'Ugliest woman in the world' teaches about true beauty (September 19, 2012 by Paloma Corredor; published on voxxi.com)".
- "Texas Woman Can't Gain Weight, Bullied Over Looks". ABC News.
- "Q & A: Lizzie Velasquez".
- Texas Woman Can't Gain Weight, Bullied Over Looks, ABC News, 14 September 2012
- "'People should stop staring and start learning': World's 'ugliest woman' gives courageous interview". Mail Online. 13 September 2012.
- Velasquez, Lizzie. "About Lizzie".
- "Lizzie Velasquez, Born Without Adipose Tissue: 'Maybe You Should Stop Staring And Start Learning'". Huffington Post.
- aboutlizzie.com - Media and Motivational Speaking Bookings
- Amazon.com listing for 'Lizzie Beautiful, The Lizzie Velásquez Story'
- Velasquez, Lizzie. "Lizzie's books".