The Lahore Resolution (Urdu=Qarardad-e-Lahore قرارداد لاھور), commonly known as the Pakistan Resolution (Urdu=قرارداد پاکستان Qarardad-e-Pakistan) was a political resolution, or statement drafted between 22nd to 24th March 1940, by the 25-member Working Committee of the All-India Muslim League, and then formally adopted by the Muslim League membership at its general session on 23 March 1940, held at Lahore. This resolution asked for greater Muslim autonomy of Muslim majority states such as Punjab Bengal Sindh, NWFP within British India. However, later on most people thought of this as a call for a separate Muslim state, Pakistan. The resolution was presented at Minto Park (now renamed 'Iqbal Park'), in Lahore, by Maulvi A.K. Fazlul Huq on the instructions of the Working Committee.
In fact, from the declaration made in this resolution in 1940 onwards, the goals of the Muslim League became increasingly fixed upon achieving an independent nation-state.
The following is the full list of the 25 original, formally designated members of the Special Working Committee of the All India Muslim League, 1940, which met between 21 and 24 March 1940, and which largely drafted the Lahore Resolution.
- Quaid e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah
- Nawabzada Liaquat Ali Khan
- Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan
- Sir Shahnawaz Khan Mamdot
- Amir Ahmed Khan Raja Sahib of Mahmudabad
- Sher-e-Bangla A.K. Fazlul Huq
- Sir Abdullah Haroon
- Al-Hajj Sir Khawaja Nazimuddin
- Amjadi Bano Begum
- Molana Muhammad Akram Khan
- Chaudhry Khaliquzzaman
- Nawab Muhammad Ismail Khan
- Sir Currimbhoy Ebrahim
- Ali Muhammad Khan Dehlvi
- Qazi Muhammad Isa
- Sardar Aurangzeb Khan
- Abdul Mateen Chauhdry
- Ashiq Mohamed Warsi
- Haji Abdus Sattar Essak Saith
- S.M. Sharif
- Syed Abdul Rauf Shah
- Mohammad Latif ur Rahman
- Abdul Rehman Siddiqui
- Malik Barkat Ali
- Sadullah Khan Umarzai
- Francis Robinson (1997), The Muslims and Partition, History Today, Vol. 47, September
- Christoph Jaffrelot (Ed.) (2005), A History of Pakistan and Its Origins, Anthem Press, Template:Catalog lookup linkScript error: No such module "check isxn".
- Atiq Zafar Sheikh (1994) The Lahore Resolution 1940 Islamabad: National Archives of Pakistan Publications, p.89
- Programme of the All India Muslim Leagues 27th Annual Session, to be held at Lahore 21st to 24th March 1940, at the National Archives of Pakistan, Islamabad, the Quaid-e-Azam Papers, File 1354
- Atiq Zafar Sheikh, The Pakistan Resolution and the Muslim League's Working Committee 1940 Islamabad: NAP Publications, 1994, pp. 87-91