Julia Carolyn Child (Julia Carolyn McWilliams; August 15, 1912 – August 13, 2004) was an American television personality, writer, and chef. She was known for having her own cooking show The French Chef. She won a Peabody Award and an Emmy Award.
Child was born on August 15, 1912 in Pasadena, California. She studied at Smith College and at Le Cordon Bleu. Child was married to Paul Cushing Child from 1946 until his death in 1994. They had no children. Child died on August 13, 2004 in Montecito, California from kidney failure, aged 91.
- "Julia Child". Cooksinfo.com.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Julia Child.|
|40x40px||Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Julia Child|
- Template:IMDb name
- Julia Child: Lessons with Master Chefs from PBS
- Julia Child's Kitchen at the Smithsonian
- American television interview with Julia Child on June 25, 1999, at Google Video
- Coverage of Julia Child in The New York Times
- Julia Child Papers.Schlesinger Library, Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University.