|Capital||Burg bei Magdeburg|
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/metric|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
After World War II the old Prussian districts of Jerichow were changed. Some areas were given to the neighbouring districts of Havelberg, Rathenow, Brandenburg, Loburg and Zerbst. The two districts were also renamed after their chief town. Jerichow became Burg, and Jerichow II became Genthin. In 1952 the district of Burg was split into two parts, Loburg and Burg.
In 1994 the two districts of Burg and Loburg were merged, and took the old name of Jerichow. In 2007, 6 municipalities from the former district of Anhalt-Zerbst (Hobeck, Lohburg, Lübs, Prödel, Rosian and Schweinitz) were added to Jerichower Land.
Coat of arms
|Coat of arms||The vertical bars in the left half of the coat of arms are for the Elbe-Havel canal, while the crane in the right shows the nature in the district. Cranes are common birds in the district.|
Towns and municipalities
|Free towns||Free municipalities|
|1seat of the Verwaltungsgemeinschaft; 2town|
- Official website (German)