|Occupation||Actor, director, producer, screenwriter|
(m. 1962-1968, divorced)
|Children||Jennifer Nicholson Norfleet|
Caleb Goddard Anspach
|Parent(s)||June Nicholson (deceased)|
John Joseph "Jack" Nicholson (born April 22, 1937) is an American actor, movie director, producer and writer. He started out as a writer and part-time actor. He became a star in 1969 when he had a small part in the movie Easy Rider. He has won three Oscars, for As Good as it Gets, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and Terms of Endearment. He is one of the fans for Los Angeles Lakers.
Nicholson is one of only two actors who have been nominated for an Academy Award for acting in every decade from the 1960s to 2000s; the other is Michael Caine. He has won seven Golden Globe Awards. He received a Kennedy Center Honor in 2001.
Family and relationships
Nicholson has been romantically linked to many actresses and models, including Michelle Phillips, Bebe Buell, and Lara Flynn Boyle. Nicholson's longest relationship was for 16 years with actress Anjelica Huston from 1973 to 1989. The relationship ended when the media reported Rebecca Broussard was pregnant with Nicholson's child. Nicholson and Broussard had two children together, Lorraine (born 1990) and Raymond Nicholson (born 1992). Nicholson's other children are Jennifer (born 1963 with Sandra Knight) and Honey Hollman (b. 1981 with Winnie Hollman). Actress Susan Anspach says that her son, Caleb Goddard (born 1970), was fathered by Nicholson. He is not sure that he is the father.
He is Roman Catholic.
- Additionally, in 1999, Nicholson was presented with the Golden Globe's Cecil B. DeMille Award lifetime achievement award.
- Template:Cite book
- Kroll, Justin. "Jack Nicholson, Kristen Wiig to Star in 'Toni Erdmann' Remake (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 8 February 2017.
- Von Strunckel, Shelley (June 23, 2006). "What the Stars say about them — Jack Nicholson and Susan Anspach". The Sunday Times. UK. p. 36.
- AP, Dan Steinberg / (20 December 2007). "Jack Nicholson goes public with his politics". TODAY.com.
- REDIRECT Template:IMDb name