Harold Andrew Blackmun (November 12, 1908 – March 4, 1999) was an American politician. He was an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from 1970 until 1994. He helped create Roe v. Wade.
Blackmun was born on November 12, 1908 in Nashville, Illinois. He was a Methodist.[source?] Blackmun studied at Harvard College, at Harvard Law School. Blackmun was never married. He had no children. Blackmun died on March 4, 1999 in Arlington County, Virginia from natural causes, aged 90.
- "Members of the Supreme Court of the United States". Supreme Court of the United States. Retrieved April 26, 2010.
|40x40px||Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Harry Blackmun|
|40x40px||Wikisource has original works written by or about:|
- Excerpt from Blackmun's Callins opinion, and Justice Scalia's response
- NPR series on Justice Blackmun's Files
- Blackmun's Papers at the Library of Congress
- Transcript: The Justice Harry A. Blackmun Oral History Project
- REDIRECT Template:IMDb name