Guy Carleton, 1st Baron Dorchester
Sir Guy Carleton, 1st Baron Dorchester (1724-1808) was a British soldier and Governor of Canada. Colonel Carleton was a part of James Wolfe's attack on Quebec City during the Battle of the Plains of Abraham. General Carleton repelled the American attack on Quebec in 1775. He was governor of Canada twice, 1768-1778 and 1785-1795.
- Canadian Encyclopedia. Historica Foundation, Toronto. 2011. http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=A1ARTA0001407< Retrieved 31 Jan 2011>
- Reynolds, Paul R., Guy Carleton, A Biography, 1980, Template:Catalog lookup linkScript error: No such module "check isxn".
- Billias, George Athan,Editor, George Washington's Opponents, William Marrow and Company, Inc., New York, 1969, 103–135.
- Nelson, Paul David. General Sir Guy Carleton, Lord Dorchester: Soldier-Statesman of Early British Canada. Associated University Presses, 2000.
- Wrong, George M. Canada and the American Revolution. New York, 1968.
- Biography at the Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online
- StSwithuns Church, Nately Scures, England - Showing memorial for Guy Carleton, Gobernador de Quebec y Thomas Carleton Gobernador de New Brunswick