Gütersloh Rural District
- The title of this article contains the character ü. Where it is unavailable or not wanted, the name may be written as Guetersloh Rural District.
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/metric|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Kreis Gütersloh was made in 1973 when all of the districts in North Rhine-Westphalia, where changed. The old districts of Halle and Wiedenbrück were joined, and parts of the districts of Bielefeld, Paderborn, Beckum and Warendorf were added to the new district.
Coat of arms
|Coat of arms||The coat of arms was adopted with the creation of the district in 1973 by joining symbols from the arms of the old districts Halle and Rheda-Wiedenbrück. The three elements are from the medieval counties in the area now covered by the district.
The golden eagle in the bottom of the coat comes from the duchy of Rietberg. The wheel in the middle comes from the sign of the city of Osnabrück, which owned the Amt Reckenberg. The chevrons in the top part are the symbol of the duchy of Ravensberg.
Towns and municipalities
Some important companies are located in the district of Gütersloh:
- Beckhoff Automation Technology
- Bertelsmann Media
- Claas Combine harvesters
- Gerry Weber Fashion
- Miele Consumer electronic goods
- Nobilia International Kitchens
- Storck Candies
- Telefonica Internet Services
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kreis Gütersloh.|
- Official website (German)