|The Latin alphabet|
The letter G was created in the third century BC by Spurius Carvilius Ruga. At the time, the letter C sounded like the "c" in "cat" and the "g" in "girl". To make the difference more clear, Ruga created the letter G.
Meanings for G
- In movies, G is a rating given by the Motion Picture Association of America, meaning the movie is good to be viewed by all people ("general" audiences).
- In music, G is a note.
- In common speech, G is a slang word for 'gangsta' or 'gangster'.
- In the SI, g is the symbol for the gram.
- G is a unit of gravitational acceleration.
- Alternative case form of G grand: means thousand.
- Letter G stands for GPRS (General Packet Radio Service). It indicates the slowest speed of Internet data transfer in your mobile phone. When you see G near your signal strength indicator, it is certain that your net connection is working at the slowest speed. 2G,3G and 4G indicates different speed of internet.
|40x40px||The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: g.|
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Template:If then show|Template:If then show]].|