Eichsfeld Rural District
This article may have too many red links. (December 2011)
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/metric|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
In medieval times, the district of Eichsfeld was much largaer than the present rural district and was owned by the Archbishops of Mainz.
In 1801, the clerical states were dissolved, and Prussia took over.
The present district was established in 1994 by merging the former districts of Worbis and Heiligenstadt.
Coat of arms
|Coat of arms of the Landkreises Eichsfeld||The coat of arms displays the heraldic eagle of Prussia together with the wheel, which was a symbol of the bishops of Mainz. These arms were granted shortly after Prussia gained the Eichsfeld (1801). They were reintroduced in 1994.|
Towns and municipalities
- Official website (German)