Template:Infobox film Deliverance is a 1972 American crime drama movie made by Warner Bros.. It was directed by John Boorman and stars Burt Reynolds, Ronny Cox, Ned Beatty, and Jon Voight. It was based on a book written in 1970 by James Dickey, who also wrote the screenplay and had a small part in the movie. It is set in rural northern Georgia. Four men from Atlanta take a trip in a canoe. Two of them are raped by sadistic local men; the victims take revenge on their attackers.
Awards and nominations
- Academy Award for Best Picture
- Academy Award for Directing – John Boorman
- Academy Award for Film Editing – Tom Priestley
- New York Film Critics Circle for Best Film and Best Director
- Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Drama
- Golden Globe Award for Best Director – Motion Picture – John Boorman
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama – Jon Voight
- Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song – Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith, Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandel
- Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay – James Dickey
|40x40px||Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Deliverance|
- Deliverance on IMDb Script error: No such module "EditAtWikidata".
- Deliverance at the TCM Movie Database
- Deliverance at Box Office Mojo
- Deliverance at Rotten Tomatoes