|Full name||Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro|
|Date of birth||5 February 1985|
|Place of birth||Funchal, Madeira, Portugal|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 March 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 28 March 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro (born 5 February 1985 in Funchal, Madeira), better known as Cristiano Ronaldo, is a Portuguese footballer. He plays for the Italian club Juventus and the Portuguese national team. He is widely considered to be the greatest footballer of the time.[source?]
Ronaldo is currently the second most expensive professional football player of all time, after moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid for approximately £80m. At his presentation as a Real Madrid player, 80,000 people greeted him at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium. This is the world record, passing the 25-year record of 75,000 people at Diego Maradona's presentation for Napoli.
Ronaldo was born and raised in Funchal, Madeira Islands. His father named him "Ronaldo" after former U.S. president Ronald Reagan. In 1997, at age 12, he went on a trial with Sporting CP, who signed him for a fee of £1,500. He then moved from the Madeira Islands to Lisbon, to join the Sporting youth academy.
Ronaldo began his professional career at Sporting Clube de Portugal. On 7 October 2002, Ronaldo played his first game in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, against Moreirense. He scored two goals in their 3–0 win. Ronaldo came to the attention of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson in August 2003, when Sporting defeated United 3–1 in the first game ever played at the Estádio José Alvalade in Lisbon. His performance impressed the United players, who told Ferguson to sign him. In 2003, Ronaldo joined Manchester United from Sporting CP. He wanted the number 28, the number he wore at Sporting, but was eventually given the number 7. This number had been worn by George Best, Eric Cantona and David Beckham before him. He joined Real Madrid in July 2009. Because number 9 was taken by Raúl González, he had to wait until he left the club in the summer of 2010 to wear number 7.
In the 2007/08 season, he became the only player in the last 25 years to win both the "FIFA World Player of the Year" and the "Young Player of the Year" awards in the same season. In that season, he scored a total of 42 goals and won the European Golden Boot, an award which is given to the top scorer of league matches of every European national league.
- As of 18 March 2018
|Sporting CP B||2002–03||Segunda Divisão||2||0||—||—||—||—||2||0|
|Sporting CP||2002–03||Primeira Liga||25||3||3||2||—||3[d]||0||0||0||31||5|
|Manchester United||2003–04||Premier League||29||4||5||2||1||0||5||0||0||0||40||6|
|Real Madrid||2009–10||La Liga||29||26||0||0||—||6||7||—||35||33|
- Includes the Taça de Portugal, FA Cup and Copa del Rey
- All appearance(s) in UEFA Champions League, unless where noted.
- Includes the FA Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and Supercopa de España
- One appearance in UEFA Champions League, two appearances in UEFA Cup
- Appearance in FA Community Shield
- All appearances in FIFA Club World Cup
- Does not include one goal scored on 18 September 2010 against Real Sociedad. Marca, which awards the Pichichi Trophy, attribute it to Ronaldo, while La Liga and UEFA attribute it to Pepe.
- All appearances in Supercopa de España
- One appearance and two goals in UEFA Super Cup, two appearances in Supercopa de España, two appearances in FIFA Club World Cup
- One appearance in UEFA Super Cup, one appearance and one goal in Supercopa de España, two appearances and two goals in FIFA Club World Cup
- As of 28 March 2018
Ronaldo's father, José Aveiro, died of an alcohol-related liver disease at age 52 in September 2005 when Ronaldo was 20. Ronaldo said that he does not drink alcohol.
Ronaldo became a father on 17 June 2010 following the birth of his son, named Cristiano. He was born in the United States through an American surrogate, and Ronaldo announced that he had full custody. Ronaldo has never publicly revealed information about his son's mother, but he says he will reveal it to Cristiano Jr. when he gets older. Ronaldo was in a relationship with Russian model Irina Shayk from 2010–2015. In June 2017, Ronaldo confirmed on Facebook that he had become the father to twins, Mateo and Eva. In November 2017, his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez gave birth to their first daughter, Alana.
He opened his first fashion boutique under the name "CR7" (his initials and shirt number) on his native-born island of Madeira, Portugal in 2006. In December 2013, Ronaldo opened a museum called Museu CR7, which has all of his trophies from his career.
A film about his life and career, titled Ronaldo, was released worldwide on 9 November 2015.
He also has an airport named after him, Cristiano Ronaldo International Airport.
- English Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
- FA Cup: 2003–04
- Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09
- FA Community Shield: 2007
- UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
- La Liga: 2011–12, 2016–17
- Copa del Rey: 2010–11, 2013–14
- Supercopa de España: 2012, 2017
- UEFA Champions League: 2013–14, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2017-18
- UEFA Super Cup: 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2014, 2016, 2017
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2019
- Ballon d'Or: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 2008
- FIFPro World Player of the Year: 2008
- The Best FIFA Men's Player: 2016, 2017
- UEFA Best Player in Europe Award: 2014, 2016, 2017
- UEFA Club Footballer of the Year: 2007–08
- World Soccer Player of the Year: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Onze d'Or: 2008, 2016–17
- FIFPro Special Young Player of the Year: 2003–04, 2004–05
- Portuguese Player of the Year: 2016, 2017
- European Golden Shoe: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15
- IFFHS World's Best Top Goal Scorer: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- IFFHS Men's World Team: 2017
- FIFA Puskás Award: 2009
- FIFA FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- ESPN World Team of the Decade: 2009
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Boot: 2016, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2016
- FIFA Club World Cup Silver Ball: 2008, 2014, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup top assist provider: 2014
- UEFA Champions League Best Forward: 2007–08, 2016–17
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- UEFA Champions League top scorer: 2007–08, 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16, 2016–17
- UEFA Champions League top assist provider: 2013–14
- UEFA European Championship Team of the Tournament: 2004, 2012, 2016
- UEFA European Championship top scorer: 2012
- UEFA European Championship Silver Boot: 2016
- UEFA Euro All Time XI
- Manchester United Players' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- Young Player of the Year: 2006–07
- Fans' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- Players' Player of the Year: 2006–07, 2007–08
- Premier League Team of the Year: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2007–08
- Premier League top assist provider: 2006–07
- FA Cup top goalscorer: 2004–05
- La Liga Best Player: 2013–14
- La Liga Best Forward: 2013–14
- La Liga Best Goal: 2013–14
- Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano: 2011–12, 2012–13, 2013–14, 2015–16
- La Liga Team of the Season: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
- La Liga top scorer: 2010–11, 2013–14, 2014–15
- Copa del Rey top goal scorer: 2010–11
- Best International Athlete: 2014, 2016
- "Cristiano Ronaldo Biography". 2018-10-22. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Ronaldo makes history with 100th European goal". UEFA.com. 12 April 2017. Retrieved 2018-02-04 – via UEFA.com.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo". StretfordEnd.co.uk. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "Pepe's goal is awarded to Cristiano Ronaldo". Marca (in Spanish). Spain. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- "Soccer Star Cristiano Ronaldo Confirms Break Up With Russian Girlfriend Irina Shayk". International Business Times. 2015-01-20. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Ronaldo posts first picture of 'two new loves' after birth of twins". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo's girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez gives birth to baby girl". The Sun. 2017-11-12. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo's new museum in pictures". goal.com. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Cristiano Ronaldo Body Stats". 2018-10-20. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/newsid=2412422.html%7C Ronaldo breaks Puskás's international record - European Qualifiers - News - UEFA.com