Craig Ward Anton
August 28, 1962
|Known for||Playing "Lloyd Diffy" on Phil of the Future|
|Spouse(s)||Lesley Barr (1994-present) 2 children|
Craig Ward Anton (born August 28, 1962 in Omaha, Nebraska) is an American actor and comedian. Anton is most notable for being the cast of comedians on the show MADtv and for his role as Lloyd Diffy in the Disney Channel Original Series Phil of the Future.
Craig was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska. He is the oldest son of Arthur and Antoinette Anton and of four children. Craig has two younger sisters, Toni (born 1964) and Megan (born 1977), and one younger brother, Brian (1970). Craig's parents are divorced and his father remarried. He is now married to Eileen McBay and they now live in Houston, Texas, while his mother lives in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Early life and career
Craig attended R.M. Marrs junior high school. He graduated from Burke High School in 1980 and attended University of Nebraska at Kearney. Craig begin his career as a college circuit comedian in the 1980s. In 1984, he traveled the Mediterranean and Middle East as part of the USO comedy tour, where he spent two months in Turkey, Greece, Italy, Israel, Bahrain, and Spain entertaining our troops and in 1985, he was named Showtime's Funniest Person in Nebraska. Craig was nominated from the NACA Campus Entertainer of the Year award three times.
During his three-year tenure, Anton received limited screentime on the show. He primarily did a stand-up segment during some episodes. Aside from his stand-up routine, Anton was often cast as an extra or supporting character. Anton's most enduring character was Clorox from the "Star Trek: Deep Stain Nine" sketches. Clorox was supposed to be the main nemesis of the sketch and was loosely based on Q from the Star Trek series. Anton left MADtv in 1998, at the end of the season.
Other television projects
Since leaving MADtv, Anton developed an extensive resume on television. He co-starred in several television series, including shows like The Army Show, Random Play, and Primetime Glick. In the late 1990s, Anton guest starred on television series credits included Mr. Show with Bob and David, and Coach. During the 2000s, Anton appeared in shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm, The King of Queens, Ally McBeal, Lizzie McGuire, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Weekends at the D.L. Anton has also appeared on shows like Premium Blend and Late Friday where he performed his stand-up routine.
- Tom Goes to the Mayor (2004) - City council member
- Phil of the Future (2004-2006) - Lloyd Diffy
- The Army Show (1998) - Lt. Branford Handy
- MADtv (1995-1998) - Various characters
- Entourage (2006) - MC
- Boston Legal (2006) - Ray Richardson
- The Office (2006) - Craig
- Weekends at the D.L. (2005) - Winston Sicklebee
- Lucky (2003) - Unknown
- Everybody Loves Raymond (2002) - Neil
- The King of Queens (2001-2005) - Mitch/Neal Berger
- Lizzie McGuire (2001) - Mr. Pettus
- Ally McBeal (2001) - Roger Clayton
- Primetime Glick (2001) - Various characters
- Late Friday (2001) - Himself
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2000) - Craig
- Premium Blend (1997) - Himself
- Coach (1996) - Brian
- Mr. Show with Bob and David (1995) - Expert truck driver
- Careless (2007) - Officer Bill
- D-WAR (2005) - Dr. Austin
- The Goldfish (2003) - Duncan Poole
- Deliver Us From Eva (2003) - Theo Wilson
- Live from Baghdad (2002) - American hostage #2
- Run Ronnie Run (2002) - Agent
- Driven to Drink (1998) - Bartender
- Mail Bonding (1995) - Poet
In 2006, Craig was living in Los Angeles, California with his wife, Lesley Barr, and their two daughters, Ruby and Delphine. They had an Australian shepherd named Wayne and a cat named Snow White. Craig was doing The Tomorrow Show.
- REDIRECT Template:IMDb name