Colorado Springs, Colorado
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Home rule municipality
|City of Colorado Springs|
|Colorado Springs with the Front Range in background|
Colorado Springs with the Front Range in background
|Location in El Paso County and Colorado|
|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:ISO 3166/data/US' not found.|
|Incorporated||June 19, 1886|
|• Type||Home rule municipality|
|• Mayor||John Suthers since June 2, 2015 (R)|
|• Home rule municipality||Template:Infobox settlement/impus/mag|
|• Land||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Water||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|Highest elevation||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|Lowest elevation||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Home rule municipality||416,427|
| • Estimate |
|• Rank||US: 40th|
|• Density||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Urban||559,409 (US: 73rd)|
|• Metro||712,327 (US: 79th)|
|Time zone||UTC−7 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−6 (MDT)|
80901-80951, 80960, 80962, 80970, 80977, 80995, 80997
|INCITS place code||0816000|
|GNIS feature ID||0204797|
|Highways||I-25, US 24, US 85, SH 21, SH 29, SH 83, SH 94, SH 115|
Colorado Springs is a city in Colorado, United States. With 369,815 people, it is the second largest city in Colorado and the 49th largest in the United States. It is also the county seat of El Paso County. It is the headquarters of Focus on the Family, which is a Christian group, and the United States Air Force Academy. Tourist attractions like Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls, Manitou Springs, the Broadmoor Hotel and the Air Force Academy are also in the city and its surrounding area.
- "Olympic City USA". City of Colorado Springs. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "Summer in the Springs". City of Colorado Springs. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "Best of the Springs". The Gazette. Colorado Springs. January 29, 2016. Retrieved June 1, 2017.
- "Colorado Springs". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Archived from the original on November 23, 2010. Retrieved September 1, 2007.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. December 1, 2004. Retrieved September 2, 2007.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on August 15, 2014. Retrieved May 22, 2014.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "ZIP Code Lookup". United States Postal Service. Archived from the original on September 3, 2007. Retrieved September 7, 2007.
- City of Colorado Springs
- Colorado Springs Convention & Visitor's Bureau
- Colorado Springs Vacation Insider