Chuck Hagel (Script error: No such module "IPAc-en". Script error: No such module "Respell". Script error: No such module "Respell".; born October 4, 1946) was the 24th Secretary of Defense and the former U.S. Senator from Nebraska. He is a member of the United States Republican Party. He has criticized the Bush Administration on many things, such as the Iraq War.
In October 2014, speaking at a meeting of defense ministers in Peru, Hagel highlighted a report’s findings of the global security threats of climate change and global warming; stating “The loss of glaciers will strain water supplies in several areas of our hemisphere,” and “Destruction and devastation from hurricanes can sow the seeds for instability. Droughts and crop failures can leave millions of people without any lifeline, and trigger waves of mass migration.”
- "Charles Timothy Hagel: Digital Collection: Veterans History Project (Library of Congress)". Lcweb2.loc.gov. 2011-10-26. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Pronounce - Browse all names for U.S." VOA News. Retrieved 2013-12-7. Check date values in:
- Pentagon Signals Security Risks of Climate Change October 13, 2014 New York Times
- The Military Takes on Climate Change Deniers October 23, 2014 BusinessWeek
- Memoli, Michael A. (February 26, 2013). "Senate confirms Chuck Hagel as new Defense secretary". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- Stewart, Phil; Holland, Steve (November 24, 2014). "Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary". Reuters. Archived from the original on November 25, 2014.
Script error: No such module "Military navigation".