|Location of Centre in Cherokee County, Alabama.|
Location of Centre in Cherokee County, Alabama.
|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:ISO 3166/data/US' not found.|
|• Mayor||Tony Wilkie|
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Land||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Water||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0115902|
Centre is a city in Cherokee County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 3,273. The city is the county seat of Cherokee County. It is part of the 'Gadsden, Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area'.
Centre is located at 34°9'33.052" North, 85°40'29.071" West (34.159181, -85.674742).
The Cherokee County Board of Education provides public education for Centre. Schools in Centre include Cherokee County High School, Cherokee County Career and Technology Center, Centre Middle School, and Centre Elementary School.
- Cherokee County Herald (weekly)
- The Post (weekly)
- John Ross, Cherokee leader
- John J. Pratt, inventor of the pterotype (1865), an early form of typewriter.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 17, 2017.
- "Page Not Found". https://www.bestplaces.net. External link in
- "US Gazetteer files: 2000 and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2005-05-03. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Comparison Table- Alabama". American Fact Finder. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 12 January 2010.