Barnett "Barney" Frank (born March 31, 1940) is an American politician who served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1981 to 2013. A member of the Democratic Party, he served as chairman of the House Financial Services Committee (2007–2011) and was a leading co-sponsor of the 2010 Dodd–Frank Act, a sweeping reform of the U.S. financial industry. Frank, a resident of Newton, Massachusetts, is considered the most prominent openly gay politician in the United States.
Barney's latest book is "Frank Barney Frank," a review of his personal and political career and a strong argument for empowering government to help people.
- "Barney Frank Biography". The Biography Channel.
- McLaughlin, Tim. "Congressman Barney Frank weds in same-sex marriage". Reuters Canada. Retrieved 8 July 2012.
|40x40px||Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Barney Frank|
- Congressman Frank defends trans-exclusive Employment Non-Discrimination Act, The Bilerico Project, September 28, 2007.
- The Republicans' Democracy Disorder, In These Times, 2006-02-04
- Congressman Barney Frank: A Buzzflash Interview, Buzzflash, July 22, 2003
- Monumentally Frank: Interview with Massachusetts Congressman Barney Frank Metro Weekly, March 20, 2003.
- Frank Discusses U.S. Policy, Attitude Regarding Gay Rights, The Hoya, October 19, 2001.