(Redirected from Band (music))
Types of bands
- A rock band is usually a group of 4 people with 1 or 2 electric guitars, a bass guitar, a drum kit and a singer. Some rock bands have only 3 members, like Rush. Iron Maiden have 6 members including 3 electric guitar players.
- A brass band is a group of about 20 - 30 people with brass instruments and drums.
- A concert band is a large group of 20 - 60 people with woodwind instruments, brass instruments, drums and percussion instruments.
- A marching band has similar instruments to the concert band. Instead of sitting down to play, they march in parades or at American football matches.
- A folk band uses traditional styles of music from around the world. It can include a guitar, violin, tin whistle, flute, accordion, lagerphone and tea chest bass, and many other makeshift instruments. A lagerphone is a percussion instrument which uses bottle tops to make a sound. A tea chest bass is a one string instrument that uses a large wooden tea box to make the sound louder.
|40x40px||The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: band.|
- Estrella, Espie. "Types of Bands". About Education. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Lineberger, Jason. "Instruments in Rock Music". Study.com. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Powell, Wade. "How to Start a Band". ufl.edu. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Schramm, Robert. "Brass Band Instrumentation". The Brass Crest. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "What is a Brass Band?". Dalewool Auckland Brass. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "Instrumentation". lipscomb.edu. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- MB. "The History of Folk Music". music-folk.com. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- "The History of American Folk Music". About Entertainment. Retrieved 19 February 2016.