Arriva Trains Wales
|Franchise(s)||Wales & Borders|
8 December 2003 –
13 October 2018
|Other region(s)||North West|
|Fleet size||125 units|
3 locomotive hauled sets
|Route km operated||1623.8|
|National Rail abbreviation||AW|
|Parent company||Arriva UK Trains|
Arriva Trains Wales (Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Language/data/iana scripts' not found.) is a train operating company, owned by Arriva, that operates passenger services in Wales and the Welsh Marches. Its busiest stations are Cardiff Central, Cardiff Queen Street and Newport. Other stations on there main line include: Shrewsbury, Crewe, Chester and Wrexham General.
The company operates the Wales and Border railway franchise from the company of the same name in December 2003. They have made direct services between North and South Wales, and the reintroduction of passenger services on freight-only portions of the Vale of Glamorgan Line and Ebbw Vale Line.
It operates on a gauge of 1435 mm, over a route length: 1691 km, with 253 DMU cars and 22 passenger coaches.
Arriva Trains Wales operates almost all services in Wales, with the exception of:
- Swansea/Cardiff Central to London Paddington (First Great Western)
- Cardiff Central to Portsmouth Harbour and Taunton (First Great Western)
- Cardiff Central to Nottingham and Manchester Piccadilly (CrossCountry)
- Holyhead/Bangor/Wrexham General to London Euston (Virgin Trains)
- "Our Company". Arriva Trains Wales. Retrieved 28 April 2017.