Ard Wiki talk:Bots
Script error: No such module "Shortcut". Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below. Global bot flag requests are handled at Meta:Steward requests.
If you are requesting bot status, please use the Current requests section. For other matters dealing with bots, please use the "discussion section".
Put new requests at the top. Look here for a form to use to request bot status.
- Operator: Examknow (talk)
- Programming language: Python
- Function: Clearing Sandbox, Archiving Discussion Threads, Fixing Common Spelling Errors, Removing Spammed External Site Links
- Description: ExamBot can use the data from pages in the wiki and wiki data items to perform actions that are very annoying to have to do manually. In the event that the bot goes haywire than there is an emergency stop button and a script that will revert all edit made by the bot in case something goes wrong.
- We have a bot for clearing the sandboxes and a bot for archiving discussion threads. However, I'm wondering how you were able to make a bot in Python that, while automated, fixes spelling errors and determines what links are spam. Could you elaborate on that? Thanks, 10:24, 3 May 2019 (UTC)
- 20px Denied. We have bots that do most of these already. We also don't allow bots to edit content such as spelling errors. Also attempting to operate without approval doesn't look good either, especially for an operator who hasn't edited here in the past with any regularity. -DJSasso (talk) 10:40, 3 May 2019 (UTC)