City of Andalusia
|Location of Andalusia in Alabama|
Location of Andalusia in Alabama
|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:ISO 3166/data/US' not found.|
|• Total||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Land||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Water||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|• Density||Template:Infobox settlement/impus|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0133361|
Andalusia is a city in Covington County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 8,794. The 2007 U.S. Census estimated the city had a population of 8,705. It is the home of the World Championship Domino Tournament.
- Radio stations
- Andalusia Star-News (daily)
Public education is provided by Andalusia City School System. which consists of Andalusia Elementary School, Andalusia Middle School, and Andalusia High School.
- Charles Brooks, editorial cartoonist
- Robert Horry, NBA player
- Nico Johnson, NFL player for Kansas City Chiefs, won 3 BCS National Championships while playing football for The University of Alabama.
- Alexa Jones, Miss Alabama 2005 and Miss America 2006 second runner-up
- Frank Tipler, cosmologist
- Charles "Bubba" Bailey, the police officer from Hamish and Andy's Caravan of Courage USA
- "Annual Estimates of the Population for Incorporated Places in Alabama". United States Census Bureau. 2008-07-10. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "World Championship Domino Tournament". Andalusia Rotary Club. Retrieved 27 January 2010.