|People who started it||Jeff Bezos|
|Money earned||Increase Template:US$|
|Operating income||Decrease Template:US$|
|Net income||Increase Template:US$|
|Total assets||Increase Template:US$|
|Total equity||Increase Template:US$|
Amazon.com, Inc., doing business as Amazon (Script error: No such module "IPAc-en".), is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company that was founded on July 5, 1994, by Jeff Bezos and is based in Seattle, Washington. It is the largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, later diversifying to sell DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs, video downloads/streaming, MP3 downloads/streaming, audiobook downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. The company also produces consumer electronics—notably, Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo—and is the world's largest provider of cloud infrastructure services (IaaS and PaaS). Amazon also sells certain low-end products like USB cables under its in-house brand AmazonBasics.
Amazon has separate retail websites for the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China, India, and Mexico. Amazon also offers international shipping to certain other countries for some of its products. In 2016, Dutch, Polish, and Turkish language versions of the German Amazon website were launched.
Other readingPage Template:Refbegin/styles.css has no content.
- "AMAZON.COM, INC. FORM 10-K For the Fiscal Year Ended December 31, 2017" (XBRL). Google Finance. August 5, 2017.
- "Amazon: number of employees". Statista. Retrieved July 31, 2018.
- Jopson, Barney (July 12, 2011). "Amazon urges California referendum on online tax". Financial Times. Archived from the original on July 14, 2011. Retrieved August 4, 2011.
- Synergy Research Group, Reno, NV. "Microsoft Cloud Revenues Leap; Amazon is Still Way Out in Front - Synergy Research Group". srgresearch.com.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- "Amazon.com, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Jan 30, 2013" (PDF). SEC database. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Now you can visit Amazon.de in Dutch". Amazon news. 2016-10-04. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Amazon jedną nogą w Polsce". Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- "Amazon Germany now available in Turkish". November 10, 2016. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- "Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace". The New York Times. August 16, 2015.
- Cheng, Evelyn (September 23, 2016). "Amazon climbs into top 5 biggest US companies by market cap".
- "Amazon Jobs – Work for a Subsidiary". Archived from the original on August 1, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amazon.com.|
- Script error: No such module "Official website".