Ángel de Saavedra, Duke of Rivas
Don Ángel de Saavedra y Ramírez de Baquedano, Duke of Rivas (Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Language/data/iana scripts' not found.) (March 10, 1791 - June 22, 1865), was a Spanish poet, dramatist and politician born in Córdoba. He is best known for his play Don Álvaro; o, La fuerza del sino (1835), the first Spanish Romance romantic success in the Spanish theater.
- Duque de Rivas, Obras completas (Madrid 1956).
- R. Cardwell, "Don Álvaro or the Force of Cosmic Injustice" in Studies in Romanticism 12 (1973): 559-79.
- D. T. Gies The Theater in Nineteenth-Century Spain (Cambridge 1994).
- G. H. Lovett, The Duke of Rivas (Boston 1977).
- W. T. Pattison, "The secret of Don Álvaro" in Symposium 21 (1967): 67-81.
- J. Valero and S. Zighelboim, "Don Álvaro o la fuerza del signo" in Decimononica 3 (2006): 53-71.
|15px||This article includes text from the public domain 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica. Please add to the article as needed.|